Are you interested in becoming a genetic counselor? Are you looking for experiences to help boost your CV? Do you have questions about the field? See some of the resources available to you below!
Genetic Counseling Field Exposure Opportunities in Arizona
Looking for shadowing opportunities and/or informational interviews? Please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with our student liaison who will help point you in the right direction.
NEW: The GC Immersive at Color (remote experience). See flyer HERE for information on how to apply.
Genetic Counseling Assistant (GCA) Jobs
GCA positions are a great way to gain experience in the field. These are typically paid, full-time positions. GCAs will typically help with chart prep, reminder calls, participation in projects/research, and other administrative tasks to help the genetics clinic run smoothly.
Clinical GCA Jobs
These sites currently offer GCA positions. Most positions become available as current GCAs get accepted into programs. Please contact these clinics about their GCA position availability.
1. Mayo Clinic (Phoenix) - Contact
2. Phoenix Children's Hospital (Phoenix) - Contact
3. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (Gilbert) - Contact
Industry GCA Jobs
Genetic testing laboratories are often looking to hire GCAs. Please check LinkedIn or other job recruitment sites for postings regularly. Here are some potential companies to keep an eye on:
1. Prevention Genetics
Genetic Counseling Internship Programs
1. ASU Students Research Project Participation
Contact: Dr. Katherine Hunt Brendish MS CGC PhD - Email
1. Iowa Institute of Human Genetics Internship in Genetic Counseling
2. Baylor School of Health Professions GC Summer Internship Program
3. Mayo Clinic Minnesota GC Clinical Internship
4. Clinical Cancer Genetics Summer Internship Program at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Informational Webinars and Online Resources
1. National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) educational webinars and podcast series
2. Genetic Podcast Series DNA Today
Looking for opportunities to volunteer with individuals with genetic syndromes? Here are some great resources.
1. Camp Knot a Phe (Phoenix)
Support camp for kids with Phenylketonuria (PKU)
Contact: Peggy Kulch MS CGC - Email
2. Gigi's Playhouse (Phoenix)
Down syndrome achievement center
Email applications here